Tuesday, February 21, 2006

More Daunte

Rumors are surfacing of possible trades with Miami and Balitmore. But the rumors I here have the Vikings asking for more than a second round pick. I just don't see them getting more than that. Unless the reports of more than that include a conditional pick in 2007.

Jeff Reynolds of PFW in a Sportsnation Chat said the Vikings could make a run at Drew Brees. Since they have the cap-room to do it. Granted Brees, has a dinged up shoulder, and comes from being surronded by great players in LT and Antonio Gates. Reynolds said Brees could be the ideal QB for a west-coast offense, maybe. Wait and see on this one. I still doubt Daunte is traded, as John Clayton said it's more likely he gets cut.

I would let Daunte sit if he really wants 10 million more. Although Rob Brezenki screwed Daunte in the contract. For instance, there is a clause that Daunte gets so many million dollars if he is involved in more than 50 percent of special teams plays.
I would keep Daunte since the Vikings cap situation is effected neither way. There is no way they are getting another three-time Pro Bowl QB in FA. I question Daunte's effectivness if his mobility drops, but you have to wait and see. I would play it out in 2006. There chances of landing Drew Brees are slim though he's the biggest name out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home