Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tuesday Notes

I posted a lot of this stuff last week but it didn't freeze

QB Thoughts- Before I said there was no chance the Vikings traded Daunte Culpepper. For a few days after I heard Sid Hartman say it was possible, I thought it might be. For about a third this year and a conditional pick in 2007, would seem to be the market. But I think the rumblings might die down. One since the Cardinals are re-signing Kurt Warner. Second, Oakland is in no situation cap-wise to make such a move. The Rams maybe? But they have a pretty good QB in Marc Bulgar. As I have said fix the O-Line, and I think Daunte is by far the best option the Vikings have at the QB position. Although he did struggle a lot this year, with a terrible O-line, struggling D, and non-existant running game, a lot of QB's would off. Daunte deserves another chance when he comes back. I realize though he might never be the same QB. But a trade helps the Vikings zero versus the cap, in fact it would hurt them.
RB-Last year I sang the praises of Shawne Merriman only to see him blow up into a Pro-Bowler. This year I get exicted over Deangelo Williams. Who is a pure-runner with great vision in the mode of Ladanian Tomlinson and Cadillac Williams. Deangelo Williams probably won't have more than a year career due to size about 5-9, 210. Williams vision combined with quickness to go with decent power makes me see him as a 1500 yard Pro-Back if he can stay healthy. He was the best player at the Senior Bowl. He would be a superior option to throwing a lot of money to Shaun Alexander, Jamal Lewis, or Edgerrin James, all backs nearing the downside of their career comanding big-money. It should be pointed out that Alexander ran behind such a great line, Jamal Lewis hasn't been effective in 2 years, and Edgerrin James was surronded by the best Offense talent in football. Translation-Don't expect to see them with the exception of Lewis' medicority putting up similar stats in Purple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home