Saturday, January 28, 2006

Saturday Thoughts

I don't feel I can evaluate Free Agency for another couple weeks, since players will be realsed.

Though I'm not too big on the FA Crop to hit the market. Although reports have indicated two names-The Vikings might be intrested in include Eagles T Jon Runyan and Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander. I'm not really that big on signing Shaun Alexander though, as he will be a much less effective back behind the Vikings O-Line than the Eagles, and the only way I would give a 29 yr. RB a 5 year deal is if I think he is the final piece to make a run at a Super Bowl. I don't think Alexander meets this criteria. The Vikings also will look to re-sign Toniu Fonoti from reports I have seen. Other names of note- Colts LB David Thornton as he might be a good fit at MLB in the Cover 2. This is where scouts think he fits in best. I wouldn't mind taking a look at Packers RB Najeh Davenport since he'll go for much less than Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, or Jamal Lewis. I also like Ravens LB's in Bart Scott- who could be a nice value.

I will do my first mock in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home