Tuesday, May 10, 2005

NFC Round-UP/ Vikings Sale

Sorry if I haven't been as quick in posting a response to the Vikings new owner in Zyggi Wilf. Wilf will be approved and in charge of day to day operations within a couple weeks. Wilf is looking to develop land in Lino Lakes into a stadium. From what I hear Wilf is a thirty year season ticket holder for the Giants, and a class act. Wilf is going to be more reclusive probably than Red as an owner. Anoka County already has a deal in place with an approved 3/4 percent sales tax increase. Five times the amount of the Twins increase. We will what is going to happen.

Since last week I evaluated the NFC Central as well as the Vikings, this week I will look at the rest of the NFC.

The Philadelphia Eagles in my mind will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Detroit, assuming Terrell Owens doesn't become too much of a distraction. While they did lose a couple pieces in Jermaine Mayberry, Ike Reese, and Derrick Burgess. All of these guys can be replaced. They also stregthend their depth through the draft. To go on talent alone, this year they take the next step and win it all.

Dallas-I really like their off-season in adding a Big Nose Tackle in Jason Ferguson, a quality DB in Anthony Henry, as well as their top three draft picks. They added a stud guard in Marco Rivera, an upgraded to a medicore QB in Drew Bledsoe. I really think this team will contend for the playoffs. I love their off-season moves as much as anybody.

Washingston- They didn't improve talent wise, but I think they are a well-coached enough team, especially with Gregg Williams D, to be a .500 team nobody wants to face.

Ny Giants- I don't think Eli Manning will develop enough for them to compete for a playoff berth, and I think Tiki Barber could start to decline. There O-line even after signing Kareem Mckenzie still isn't that great. I think they are another year away to really start to compete, but having Micheal Strahan healthy should help, but this isn't the same Micheal Strahan. I see about a 6-10 season.

Atlanta- They should be able to run the ball quite well, but Micheal Vick still needs to develop as a passer for their offense to take steps to the next level. They also wouldn't have O-line genius Alex Gibbs around. I'm not convinced that Edgerton Hartwell is that big of an upgrade over Matt Stewart. I also am not sure that their Defense will be able to sustain their level from last year. I see a team around 9-10 wins this year.

Carolina- I wonder if their offense will be able to find a healthy back, but their O-line got the best lineman in free agency in Mike Wahle. They improved their D with the Physical secondary presences in Ken Lucas, and Thomas Davis. I like this team in this division. As I see their only real big weakness as running back durablity. I think they bounce back and win 10-11 games.

New Orleans- I don't know how they addressed their attorcious D. Dwight Smith and Josh Bullocks aren't going to cut it. But they should be able to pressure the Qb enough, that they can improve some. Aaron Brooks is just too inconsitent though to expect a much better record than last year.

Tampa Bay- Tampa's D isn't what it once was, and none of their big three defenders will be around come the start of the season (Sapp,Lynch, Brooks), They still have a couple pieces on D, but they are becoming medicore on D. I don't know that they are really set at QB, and thier offense still needs to develop some. Improvements will be needed along the O-line and another receiver would help. They are between a 5-8 win team.

Saint Louis-I don't know that getting rid of the injury prone Tommy Polley for the aging Dexter Coakley and injury-prone Chris Claiborne is going to help improve the D, and I don't know that Adam Archueleta playing Free Safety is such a good idea, or moving Pisa Tisamosa to strong. This team will be able to score points though. This team just doesn't have enough 8-9 wins.

Seattle- They brought in a couple Corners who should help, their front 7 still needs work. I don't think they are going to be more consistent at the WR position. I think Shaun Alexander this year could create a few locker room rumblings that wouldn't help, due to his franchise tag status. I see 8-9 wins.

Arizona-People seem willing to annoit them as champs I say wait up. They are the best coached team in the division, but would be probably the worst coached team in the NFC east. I see don't know about their running game, or their O-line. While Clancy Pendergaast was clever with Defense schemes last year, I don't know if they have the talent yet to play at a real high level. I see them as. a .500 football team

San Fransisco- They have a ways to go, but will have their two best players back in C Jeremy Newberry, and LB Julian Peterson. This will improve both units enough to win a few more games. They still have holes though throughout the team. I see them as a 3-4 win team and clearly the worst in the NFC.

2005 NFC Playoffs-8 Months Away

MN vs Dal- I am going to say the Mike Tice Era ends here in fine fashion- 24-20
STL vs Atl- Atl would still probably be able to manhandle the Rams, the Rams won't turn the ball over as much though-31-28

Phil vs Dal- Dallas ain't that good-Phil 31-13
Car vs Atl- Homefield helps them prevail late-Car-16-13

Phil vs Car- They get their revenge-Phil 24-14

Super Bowl XL- Phil vs Ind- I haven't broken down the AFC, the Colts just seem like a good choice, but I like Phil-27-24

Next Week: I'm not sure what I will talk about. I could go through the Vikings schedule week by week, I could unveil my suggestions for the next new owner, or whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home