Saturday, April 23, 2005

Dustin Fox -Day 1 Grade

I don't like this pick, I see it as a reach. You picked a 5-10 safety in the third round, wow!!!. Fox has good atheletic ability, but lacks size to really be effective at safety, or the fluidness to be effective at Corner. He might have to help the team only on special teams. Who did I want.. Antaaj Hawthrone of Wisconsin, Daryl Blackstock of Virgina, or even Jerome Mathis of Hampton. I don't like this pick.

So what is my day 1 grade for the Vikings.-C. It was an average draft. They took a raw although talented receiver with the 7th overall pick. They then took another injury prone-defensive lineman at 18, although talented. Two boom or bust types. I liked the Johnson pick the best, but still they could have maybe gotten a gifted athlete there. I'm not the biggest fan of taking guards that high. Then the Dustin Fox pick, my thoughts should be pretty clear on. Are the Vikings a much better team than at the start of the day, no. But they do have a lot of potential that may or may not come through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home