Sunday, April 24, 2005

Ciatrick Fason

This pick was somewhat of a surpise. But for the third year in a row the Vikings take a RB who slipped from about a 2nd round grade. I was more surpised that they traded up to get him. Fason is productive between the tackles, with the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, able to make good cuts to find lanes. The thing about Fason is he would be the most durable back on the Vikings roster. I am surpised they didn't seek to add somone with more kick-return potential. Fason's weaknesses include he runs high at 6'1 that isn't too good, he doesn't have great elusivenss also. I don't honestly know what he adds for the Vikings, unless they have a trade in the works. I have heard rumors today of a Travis Henry to the Vikings trade for Micheal Bennett. I also didn't like the trading of a 5th round draft pick to get Fason that could have been used on CJ Mosely of Missouri. In the 6th I see Mosely as an option, they could think about a Jonathan Nichols of Ole Miss a kicker, a Marcus Lawrence lb of South Carolina, or a guy I would love to see in Chad Owens of Hawaii.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home