Monday, April 25, 2005

Final Grade Vikings Draft

Well Mel Kiper, JR. gave the Vikings a B+, Pete Prisco gave the Vikings an A, Len Pasquarelli said they had one of the best drafts in the league, Dan Pompei an A+, Viking Update gave them an A, big shock, Don Banks said they were one of the big winners, Nolan Naworcki of Pro Football Weekly called them paper champions and said they were very solid. I disagree with these assesments though.

I think Williamson is pretty raw as a route-runner to take number 7 overall. I think he is a player that is going to take at least two years to develop into a number 1 receiver. I think James is a boom-or-bust type pick, who besides being injury prone, only had one real good year in College. I like the Marcus Johnson pick. I think Dustin Fox while a good athelte, and able to contribute, I question his viability as a NFL-starter due to the lack of fluidty to play corner, and lack of height to play safety. I don't really see what Ciatrick Fason is expected to add. I obviously loved the Mosley pick. I liked that they signed in FA the second best kicker in my mind in the draft in Jonathan Nichols of Ole Miss, and although he probably was going to be an undrafted free agent, Adrian Ward has potential if he can get more physical, I like him as a practice-squad project.

Overall grade: B- (Too much risks in the first round picks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home