Thursday, August 18, 2005

Vikings vs Jets Preview

Here's what I expect

*The Vikings 1st team Defense to look better against a rusty Chad Pennington. I wouldn't get my hopes too far up based on a good performance tommorrow night.

*It is kind of hard to evaluate Daunte Culpepper in the Pre-Season since opposing teams always play Base Defenses, and Culpepper is generally caused problems by different schemes that one doesn't see a lot of in the Pre-Season. For instance in 2001, Culpepper was terrific in the pre-season, since teams played just base defenses, and then reeked it up in going 5-11. Culpepper doesn't play more than a quarter.

*The Vikings Offensive Line to improve, though still not any better than medicore. If they block again like Last Week, they need to seriously reevalaute options before Next Season.

*I think Erasmus James will be the player I watch, especially if they bring him in as a pass-rusher with the Frist Team Defense.

How I expect the game to go down.

-Neither Offense looking all that good in the first quarter, the Vikings suspect O-line play combined with Micheal Bennett's lack of vision, I think will have people worried about the first-team offense come tommorrow, and they may be right.

-I think the Brad Johnson-Mewelde Moore duo gets the Vikings on the board in the second. I think tommorrow, I will be going off more about how Moore needs to start. I think the Vikings keep their first-team D for long enough to slow down the Jets in the second-so I look for maybe a 10-3 Vikings lead at the half.

-The Jets probably will not pass that well in the second half as Brooks Bollinger, and some guy named Kevin Eakin are the 3rd and 4th QB's, and the Vikings were pretty good with back-up DB's like Adrian Ward, and Laroni Gallingshaw last week. Shaun Hill will probably play it close to the vest, and Ciatrick Fason might keep looking better than he is. The 4th Quarter will just be sloppy.

-In the end, breaking this down, I think the Vikings win in not that high-scoring a contest maybe 16-13. I just like the Vikings depth a bit better, and depth wins pre-season games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home