Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Not much till Friday

* EJ Henderson is now going to start with the first team at Weak-Side Linebacker. I don't know if Henderson has enough speed to play the Outside, but he is fairly physical. Former Super Bowl Champ and Vikings coaching intern Bryan Cox said he was actually quite impressed with Henderson's knowledge. Rod Davis then becomes the back-up in the Middle.

So I better give a brief Preview of Friday's Game

*1 Quarter of the first team, this should be the highlight seeing the New Defensive Starters as well as the Offense without Randy Moss. It looks questionable to whether Fred Smoot or Troy Williamson will play. I am also looking forward to seeing the Chiefs new look D.

*2nd Quarter does Brad Johnson have enough Arm-Strength to still play. I will be worried if Johnson just throws dump-off passes. Will Mewelde Moore look as good as I expect in the second quarter. The rotating kicking competion between Eling and Edinger should intrigue

*Second Half just look for players to stand out.

*Prediction- I think the teams play pretty even in the First Quarter. I think both Offenses are stymied by the New Look D's. I think the Running Back duel by Larry Johnson and Mewelde Moore makes the second Quarter intresting. I think the Vikings will keep running the ball in the Third Quarter with Ciatrick Fason, while the Cheifs will be lead by Journeyman Damon Huard. I think in the Fourth, Mike Tice plays enough guys from the second team to sqeak out a win.

Vikings 24 Chiefs 20 (Note: Pre-Season games are much harder to predict than Regular-Season Games where when I put picks down went 10-2. Though I probably would have ended about 2-4, so making the record 12-6. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home