Thursday, August 18, 2005

Dr.Z quote

From http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/08/16/notes.to/1.html. This is a statement by Paul Zimmerman or Dr.Z, who I consider to be the best writer in Football, when it comes to evaluating teams.

"Give me a choice of one non-starter to grab for my team and I'd take Vikings running back Mewelde Moore. He's running back kicks now. On my team he'd be carrying 15 times a game and catching passes because he is one hell of a runner and a terrific kid with a big heart.

Instead he sat on the bench last year, and figured to do so this year as well, behind trash like Onterrio Smith, the guy who was caught with the "Whizzinator" kit in his bag, and who's currently serving a year-long, three-time-loser substance-abuse suspension.

It's only a small item, but it's why I don't like Mike Tice's Vikings to reach the Super Bowl, as some people predict. Not only for this particular case, of course, but for such flaws in judgment."

My Comments: I agree the Vikings won't reach the Super Bowl because the Coaching isn't that good. This is inspite of the implosion in Philadelphia, the fact that the Falcons won't repeat last season's success, and Carolina's Offense might not be fully their. Mewelde Moore should be starting, I have said that more than a few times on the blog. The Vikings probably have enough talent to win the division with sub-standard coaching, after being two plays away from talking about a Three-Peat for Division champs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home