Wednesday, August 03, 2005

August 3 Training Camp Thoughts

. Aaron Elling I am hearing is going to be the Kicker for the Minnesota Vikings, due mostly to his superior kick-off abilities over Paul Edinger. This isn't to say Edinger has been bad, Elling has also been accurate with way better leg strength. Although, Edinger seems to be better on Field Goals

. Donatarrious Thomas has really improved and is going to be the starting Weakside Linebacker.

. EJ Henderson has also looked much improved, as he has been postively influenced by Sam Cowart.

. Don't be surpised if Quincy Stewart a 4th year linebacker, who last played for the 49ers in 2003, makes the team as a Special Teams standout.

. Kelly Campbell and Keenan Howry both keep impressing.

.Erasmus James contract is being held up since the players around him haven't signed.

. Darren Sharper laid a vicious hit yesterday on Marcus Robinson. It reminded me too much of Robert Griffith for my liking though, he went so much for the hit, he could have very easily missed the tackle, by making no effort to wrap up.

.Wille Offord hit Ben Nelson so hard yesterday, that Ben had a Concussion.

.I have to admit my head is somewhat stracthing when I hear mulitiple times to downplay expectations for Troy Williamson. Is it because he is so raw as draft reports stated? Or is it because he is no Randy Moss as a Rookie? I think the second one is just assumed, that is why I worry about the first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home