Sunday, July 17, 2005

Special Teams rankings

PFW K-Vinateri, Vanderjadt, Akers, Wilkins, and Elam.

PFW P-Lechler, Hentrich, Sauerbrun, Moorman, and Maynard.

Vikings insight-I really don't know who is going to start at either special team position for the Vikings. At Punter Travis Dorsch with his huge leg, had a big year in NFL Europe. His ability to kickoff should allow him to compete with Darren Bennett, who was good the second half of last season, but is also 40 years old. At Kicker, Aaron Elling I thought was OK in 2003, he has a big leg, and I think will win the kicking job. Paul Edinger was just too erratic in 2004 for Chicago, but was a better kicker at mini-camp. Jonathan Nichols lacks leg strength. But come opening day, I think it will be Bennett, and Elling kicking for the Vikings.

I am off for vacation, and will not post till July 29, when the Vikings report to training camp. Erik can share insights till then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home