Wednesday, June 29, 2005

RB/WR Rankings

Well Micheal Bennett doesn't make the top 25 RB's in Pro Football Weekly due to injury as he is certainly injury prone he has played 19 of 32 games the last two years. Although his last healthy year he averaged a very good 5.1 yards per carry, with 5.0 last year. I would think Randy Moss would open things up quite a bit for Bennett. So maybe you would look at 4.5 as being good, if he can start 12 games. As far as other RB's go

1. LT is clearly the best as stated by PFW his vision and cutting are so-good, he could be productive on a terrible O-line, he is the only one I would say that about.

They went Portis, J.Lewis, P.Holmes, A. Green, C. Martin, C.Dillion, E. James, D.McAllister, T.Barber, S.Alexander, F.Taylor.

I would go P.Holmes-second just due to the similar traits to LT though he is in decline, then I am not sure I think Jamal Lewis due to his physical running style could begin to wear down, but he can't really be tackled by one guy, then Portis has a great combo of vision, speed, and quickness though he wasn't as productive with a less productive O-line, I think Ahman Green due to the loss of Wahle and Rivera will take a step back, I would rank C Mart ahead of Green just for productivity though I see him slipping a bit. I think Edge is somewhat a product of Peyton, this is why Dominic Rhodes was productive. I like Corey Dillion and would probably rate him 5th. Deuce runs too upright, this is why he doesn't dominate. This is somewhat similar to Shaun Alexander who has a much better line than Deuce. Taylor is boom or bust due to injuries. I consider Bennett about the 19th best back in the NFL, he has benefitted from good lines in a way Thomas Jones hasn't. I would still put heading into 05' Julius Jones, Mcgahee, Kevin Jones, and Brian Westbrook ahead of him. I would also due to durablity put him behind Rudi Johnson, and just slightly behing Chris Brown.

I like Mewelde Moore but would need to see a greater body of work to really compare him, based on what I saw, I loved his vision and cutting to the point, I think he could be as good as any Rookie RB last year, in fact he reminds me of Preist Holmes.


PFW goes Moss, Harrison, and Owens. I would agree with this top three. Especially due to Owens contract squablles. Nate Burleson is ranked 26th. I would put Nate behind for sure Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Hines Ward, and Javon Walker. After this I think it Burleson could equal anyone else on this list. This is due to his hands, and route-running. For instance, although he is a better player, I am not nuts about Joe Horn's age to go with his knees. I see age as taking down Jimmy Smith, Isaac Bruce, Eric Moulds, Keyshawn Johnson, Rod Smith, and Keenan McCardell. I wonder how Mushin Muhammand got so productive in his early 30's, so fast. Darrell Jackson has poor hands, Donald Driver is losing quickness, Anquan Boldin is coming off an injury. I can'r really say Burleson is going to be less productive than Derrick Mason, or Lavernus Coles. Micheal Clayton, Reggie Wayne, and Roy Williams are players that should also shoot up this list. So I think Burelson could go for 1200 yards, 10 scores, and challenge for the Top 10-12 by the end of the season. Travis Taylor I think could be a candidate to turn his career around with a new team ala Jimmy Smith, though he isn't that physically gifted, but I think Taylor could turn into a Reggie Wayne type very good complent WR. Troy Williamson will be a big time deep threat, and develop into the second coming of Jerry Porter. PFW top 10 Moss, Harrison, Owens, C.Johnson, T.Holt, H.Ward,D.Mason, L.Coles, C.Chambers, J.Horn. -Heading into this season I would place Burleson as the 17th best receiver in Football, behing these 10 A.Johnson, J.Walker, D.Branch, R.Williams, R.Wayne, A.Boldin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home