Thursday, May 26, 2005

Pro Football Weekly-Preview

This is what I consider to be the best season preview on the Market. This shows my obsession reading this stuff 3 1/2 months before the start of the season. They gave the Vikings grades on Defense, that would indicate the Vikings having the best D in football with an A on the D-line, a B in the Linebacking core, and an A in the secondary. This is the best of any team for grades as these positions. The Eagles went A-, B, A. The Patriots went A, C+, B+-I believe, the Ravens I don't remember as clearly but were given equal grades with the Vikings. I think they were given like B, A, A, or something similar. They also had Corey Chavous rated as the 8th best safety in all of Football. When I think he should be on the bench, or at least have to compete to start. I don't see a huge hole on paper of the Vikings D. But you still need to ask.

1. Is Kenechi Udeze or Erasmus James gonna to develop into a proven pass-rusher?

2. How will Sam Cowart hold up health wise?

3. Can Napoleon Harris play in Pass-Coverage, or does he need to blitz?

4. What is big Pat's durablity going to be?

So why I am thinking the Vikings should improve for below average to above average on Defense. I am not conviced of such improvement that they will be able to carry the team. The Vikings are counting on mulitiple veterans with durablity issues to help make this improvement (Darren Sharper, Pat Williams, Sam Cowart). So we shall see.

The best parts of the issue are a Mock Draft of a ten team league, building a roster around the best the NFL has to offer, and the always valuable player rankings. PFW shares my thoughts of the Eagles defeating the Colts in the Super Bowl.

Later, Stew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home