Friday, June 17, 2005

I should probably delete the Last Post

But since I am in Summer School now and quite busy till about the time I will get back from Milwaukee next Sunday. So be it. So here a few real quick thoughts.

. Travis Taylor could be a good NFL receiver this year, from everything I am hearing.

. Micheal Bennett I am still not sold on despite his 9.91-100 M which would have placed him 5th at the last Olympics. I don't know that he is a powerful enough back to run against 8 man fronts, and even though I think Taylor, Williamson, and Burleson can all be pretty good, I don't know that they are going to command coverage to create the running lanes, Randy Moss did for Bennett.

. Antoine Winfield said he would be disappointed if the Vikings aren't in the TOP 5 on Defense. For me anything approaching medicore would be acceptable, or just the ability to make stops with the game on the line.

. I think Chad Morton would be a good investment, though I don't agree with Peter King that he would make a 2 victory defense for a team. He wasn't all that great before he got injured. It could have been an off year last year, or it could have been a fluke his last year with the Jets.

.I sure hope Rob Brezenki gets a contract extension, this week. I am not quite sure what to make of the other front office resturcting including the promotions of Kevin Warren-formerly of the Lions and Rams to VP of Business, and bringing back Lester Bagley to be VP of Public Relations.

. I am thinking of spending 2 to 3 days at Mankato this summer. Here's a link of the Training Camp Schedule

http://vikings.scout.com/2/388047.html

.I think Travis Dorsch after leading NFL Europe in punting could beat out Darren Bennett. I think their Placekicking situation is still a mess, with Edinger not able to kick off, and Elling struggling to make field goals.

. The Vikings will be much more agressive on Defense this year, and this is a guarntee. Does this mean they will be a lot better? Not really. But you will see a lot more blitzes, and Corners left on Islands.

. I should probably comment on Randy Moss' Kerry Collins comment. I don't know that Chad being a Raider fan prefers Collins to Culpepper. I can see why Randy Moss might think Collins is a better QB and the 41-0 has something to do with it. I don't know that either are great at mentally running a offense. I like Culpepper much more under pressure. Both have good size and arm strength. I think Culpepper is a more accurate passer. So the differences are Culpepper has superior atheltic ability, and is a better leader since he isn't on his 4th team. But if Randy Moss can catch 20 TD's about what I expect, and Kerry Collins throws about 40 about what I expect. I expect Culpepper between 30 and 35 TD's with about 4 rushing TD's. I think yards will be pretty equal in 2005. But the Vikings have a medicore D compared to an atricious D in Oakland so this is why I think the Vikings go 10-6 and the Raiders 8-8. I think if Both QB's have equal talent at the WR position, Culpepper is superior.

. If Corey Chavous and Brian Williams want to pout, cut em'. Williams is going to be gone after next year anyway, and I think Ken Irvin and Adrian Ward can do the job at Nickel and Dime back, and I think Wille Offord should start at SS anyway.

. 10 weeks till Gopher FB at Tulsa-from Thursday, 11 weeks till Street Moss and the Oakland Raiders at New England from Thursday, and 12 weeks from this Sunday to the Minnesota Vikings vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the Metrodome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home