Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ten Best Players and Ten Favorite Players

The ten best, I have seen in my time watching the Vikings.

10. Antonie Winfield-He was so good last year, when healthy. So I will slide him in here.

9. Korey Stringer- Although he only made one Pro-Bowl, he really opened some big holes on the Right Side, and could also pass protect.

8. Joey Browner- 6 Time Pro-Bowler, who I got to include.

7. Hank Thomas- I loved this guy as a player when he was here.

6. Daunte Culpepper- He's the best QB they have had in my lifetime.

5. Chris Doleman-Best edge rusher they have had, and its not even close.

4. John Randle-I don't think he'll get into the Hall of Fame, but such a tremendous compeitor.

3. Cris Carter- A sure fire hall of famer. I figured I shouldn't have wide outs 1-2.

2. Randall McDaniel-How many straight pro-bowls, the fact that he played fullback on third and short, would be higher if he played a different position. A possible Hall of Famer.



1. Randy Moss- Came into the league as the second coming of Jim Brown. Unbelievable physical tools. Will be a Hall of Famer.


Ten Favorite Players-that never made it big with the Vikings
1. Carlos Jenkins- He was fast, and physical. I remember in 1992, him basically running through, I can't remember if was Warren Moon or the Commander, forcing a fumble leading to a touchdown.

2. Rich Gannon- I always liked him for his running ability, early in his career. I prefered him to Sean Salisbury in the 1992 QB debate, although he was pretty ineffective at times., that season/

3. Rick Fenney-Now he was a touch back to bring down.

4. Leroy Hoard- How can he not be included on this list.

5. Brad Culpepper- He was pretty active when he played with them, they let him go, and he had a nice career along the D-line for the Bucs.

6. Raonall Smith- He's great, the two games a year, he is healthy.

7. Bob Sapp- A Viking that has made it big in K-2 fighting, he was huge then, and really huge now.

8. Wille Offord-For his special teams play and hitting ablitity.

9. Kelly Campbell-More for his mouth, than his game.

10. Chris Walsh-Just for recovering the onside kick at NY to give the Vikings their first playoff win under Denny Green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home