Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday Night Notes

This weekend, I heard quite a bit of Chicago radio, and they were under the impression when talking about the draft that the Bears were going to go running back. This is because they have changed their offensive coordinators from Terry Shea to Ron Turner. Turner wants to emphaize more of a power running game. So the Bears are leaning towards either Cadillac Williams or Cedric Benson according to what I was hearing.

. Rumors are starting to surface about the Vikings trading 7 and 18 to move up to 2. So they can take Braylon Edwards. Who I can't decide if Cleveland would take him or Alex Smith. After Cleveland there is no guarnatee someone would take him before the Vikings. I don't like this potential move as I feel they could get a talent like a Shawne Merriman or Cedric Benson at 7, then grab a receiver like a Mark Clayton or a safety like Thomas Davis at 18. This would improve the team. I would only do this if they are convinced that Braylon Edwards will be a Pro-Bowl level player in the NFL. I also question going so high for a receiver that has good not great speed.

. I will keep putting out thoughts throughout this week. I can't decide if my final mock will be Friday or Saturday. It depends if I want to wait for Rick Gosselin's Mock to come out to break it all down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home