Friday, April 08, 2005

First Round Mock

I spent a few hours on this reading from various team reports along with other mockdrafts



1. San Fransisco- Aaron Rodgers-QB-California
2. Miami-Ronnie Brown-RB-Auburn
3. Cleveland- Wants to ideally trade down, don't know
if they will though. This is where things could get
really intresting. I can't decide between Braylon
Edwards, or Alex Smith. I will lean every so slightly
to Alex Smith-now, they could even go for one of the
draft's top defensive players.
4. Chicago- I have heard it could be Mike Williams, it
could be Braylon Edwards, or one the other two running
backs. Cedric Benson is who I am leaning to her since
I saw it on Bear Report
5. Tampa Bay-Indications seem to have Tampa taking
Cadillac Williams since he was coached by Jon Gruden
at the Senior Bowl.
6. Tennessee-Mike Williams- This pick I really have no
clue, it could be Antrell Rolle, or even Alex Barron.
7. Minnesota-Braylon Edwards-finally a pick I didn't
have to think about. I am starting to actually hear
that Williams will go ahead of Edwards.
8. Arizona-Antrell Rolle-This I am faily confident of
if the draft breaks down like this.
9. Washingston-I am going out on a limb here not in
that they are taking a cornerback, but that it will be
Carlos Rogers of Auburn, not Pac-Man Jones, due to the
fact that Rogers is more physical, 4 inches taller,
and runs a 4.4-40
10. Detroit-They could go Alex Barron as they have a
need at RT, they could go with a need at de-or OLB in
guys like Shawne Merriman, Derrick Johnson, David
Pollack, or Marcus Spears- I am leaning ever so
slightly to Alex Barron after reading from
lionsfans.com-they Scouts affilate
11.Dallas-They want to go to a 3-4, so it looks like
Shawne Merriman would be a better fit than Derrick
Johnson here. This is what the Ranch Report says.
12. San Diego-Derrick Johnson is just too tempting for
the Chargers here.
13. Houston-Could use a Linebacker- I think they are
going to look at a 3-4 Linebacker making David Pollack
and Demarcus Ware-the most likely choices. But I will
go with another surpise and give them Khalif Barnes of
Washington whose stock has skyrocketed due to his
post-season play.
14. Carolina- The two names I am hearing are Troy
Williamson and Thomas Davis, they would have loved to
get Barnes though. I will give the nod to Troy
Williamson here, and I don't know why.
15. Kansas City-WarPaint Illustrated gives them Marcus
Spears, even if they trade for Patrick Surtain,
Pac-Man Jones represents the best value. I'll go
Pac-Man here.
16. New Orleans-They are going Defense-Thomas Davis
seems to be who the folks seem to indicate.
17. Cincinnati-They feel their big weakness is Run D-
so I give them Travis Johnson DT-Flordia State.
18. Vikings- They will want the best pass-rusher
avalible here, I would think making it either David
Pollack, or Erasmus James. Demarcus Ware would also be
possible. Due to their relative lack of needs, and the
fact that they only really need him to develop as a
pass-rusher I would go Erasmus James of Wisconsin.
19. St.Louis Rams-GridIron Gateway-Speaks of as their
biggest need is along the O-Line, and this is backed
up by Scouts, INC. I thought they could go for a
Defensive End, but they seem to have a more pressing
need at Right Tackle- Jamaal Brown-
20.Dallas Cowboys-Could use a 3-4 End so they take
Marcus Spears of LSU
21.Jacksonville-Would have loved Spears, they would
probably prefer David Pollack or Demarcus Ware
play-left end, where they are not best suited. I am
thinking cornerback either Marlin Jackson, or Justin
Miller. I think they go Marlin Jackson who is moving
back up draft boards.
22. Balitmore- Mark Clayton-WR-Oklahoma
23. Seattle-David Pollack-DE Georgia
24. Green Bay-Brodney Pool-S Oklahoma
25. Denver-I really have no clue, the best players for
them here are along the d-line, where they already
have about a dozen players under contract. There are
no o-lineman here of value. They could also go
corner. What about a tight-end? I'll give them the
highest ranked player of need on Mel Kiper's big
board- Heath Miller-TE Virgina (Don't ask why)
26-NY Jets-Fabian Washingston-DB Nebraska
27-Atlanta- Shaun Cody-DT USC
28-San Diego-They want a receiver-Jerome Mathis of
Hampton come on down.
29-Indianpolis-Daryl Blackstock- LB-Virgina-This is
getting late
30. Pittsburgh-Justin Miller-DB Clemson
31. Philadelphia-They want a DE, or a WR- They like
Demarcus Ware- I guess, and I don't have him going as
high as he will.
32. New England- They have rebuilt their D-Line, now
they turn to LB Core-Barrett Rudd seems to be the guy.

Players that slip out of first round
1. Matt Roth-DE Iowa
2. Channing Crowder-LB-Flordia
3. Roddy White-WR UAB
4. Dan Cody-DE-Oklahoma
5. Matt Jones-WR-Arkansas

Vikings
2. Mike Nugent-K Ohio State


I will re-do this at least once more before the draft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home