Saturday, September 16, 2006

Vikings vs Panthers Preview

Sorry for the lack of blogging this week.

I actually like the Vikings to knock off the Carolina Panthers at Metrodome and improve t0 2-0. This is partly due to Carolina's injuries (I.E. Steve Smith who with two bad hamstrings will not be the same player we saw in October of last year, if he even plays.). I see questions with Carolina's injuries at MLB-Dan Morgan, and LT-Travelle Wharton.

I see the Vikings receiving a big lift from a raucous home crowd on the Defensive side of the ball. I think we will see sacks by Erasmus James and Kevin Williams. Though I think we might see Kenechi Udeze struggle vs Carolina stud RT Jordan Gross. This pressure will end drives, and I think Jake Delhomme can be forced into turnovers. Carolina at the same time is going to have a hard-time establishing a running game against the Vikings big tackles.

The Vikings on Offense will be steady if unspectular. You will see a lot of Chester Taylor running left side, and Brad Johnson doing some play action. A match-up of concern is Julius Peppers vs Marcus Johnson. Although Johnson might actually hold-up better vs Peppers than some think due to his excellent athlecticism for a right tackle.

My thoughts are the home-crowd and steadier QB lead the Vikings to win a defensive struggle by a 13-10 score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home