Monday, September 11, 2006

Vikings vs Redskins preview

Here are my thoughts on tonight's game.

Unlike the 2005 Opener only good can come of it. Since I expect The Vikings to loss.
I just don't see thier D being good enough to hold the Redskins in check. The reason being while I think we will see an improved Vikings pass-rush. It is still a pass-rush that was inconsistent last year especially vs good teams on the road. I haven't seen enough this pre-season to convince me that Kevin Williams is back in rare-form. The ends are still unproven though I have really liked what I have seen there. But they will be staring at Jon Jansen and Chris Sameuls the entire game. The LB core is average at best in coverage. The CB's last year were quite disappointing, and Dwight Smith isn't great in pass-coverage. While I like the Vikings vs the Redskins rushing offense. I think the Redskins spread the field with three wide-receivers and Chris Cooley enough to damage the Vikings D to the tune of about 20 points.
The Vikings Offense will try to establish the running game and try. Especially the interior running game between Matt Birk and Steve Hutchinson. The Redskins will expect this though and play a lot of 8 in the box. If the Vikings O-line finally begins to gell we might see something tonight, but I am not counting on it. Patrick Reusse of the Star Tribune sees a Vikings win due to the exploitation of Kenny Wright. Although Wright isn't as bad as he was with the Vikings. The Redskins can mask bad corners i.e. Walt Harris with their pressure schemes designed to bring pressure from all angles, this asks the questions can Brad Johnson exploit match-ups in the passing game. Tonight is going to be a night people are disappointed by the Vikings offense to the tune of about 13 points.
I like Scouts.INC prediction of 20-13 Redskins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home