Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One More Thought

I should give my opinion on the end of the game, With the Vikings trying to score from the 20 yard line for the win instead of kicking for a tie.


I was at the game and I was going to leave at the end of regulation regardless of the outcome.
I think it's a pretty slim chance Ryan Longwell gets injured there which was the defense given on Vikings Fan-Line for that play. But if they are so worried about this why not bring another kicker in for the pre-season just to get some reps or have back-up Punter John Torp do the kickoff. At the same time it really accomplishes nothing to try to see JT O'Sullivan try to sketch out a win besides pride. I guess since I had enough as a fan and was going to leave it would be hypocritcal to not say it was fine. I would have been fine if they kept playing, just to give a few more guys a chance to catch someone's attention. The players out there probably would have still wanted the game to go till a winner was declared.

I should note the Colts went 0-5 last year in the pre-season and tore it up in the regular season, and the Bills teams of the early 90's were terrible pre-season teams yet constantly the class of the AFC.

So my opinion is Neutral

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home