Friday, December 23, 2005

Vikings/Ravens Pre-Game

Here are my thoughts

*Kyle Boller is coming off a great game, but the Vikings can do quite a bit to make him miserable. The Vikings have a vastly superior secondary to Green Bay, the Vikings are much better versus the run, and can collaspe the pocket. This would be a good game for the Vikings to blitz alot against a banged-up Balitmore O-line. I don't see Jamal Lewis going off this week, since Williams and Williams will make it tough to run up the middle. So Boller might be forced into some third and longs, which could create turnovers.

*BJ Sams is one of the better punt-returners in the NFL so Chris Kluwe will need better hang-time. The Vikings with a special teams performance like last week-will lose.

*Both teams have a tendency for bad penalties, something to watch.

*The Vikings wouldn't be able to run the ball with Micheal Bennett and Ciatrick Fason. For some odd reason they don't like to play the injury-prone Mewelde Moore, even though he is their most effective runner behind a sub-par O-line. Brad Johnson is going to have a hard-time throwing against a very good Balitmore secondary.

*The Vikings might try putting Brian Williams on Todd Heap-the only real threat in the Ravens Passing game.
This game is going to be low scoring, I think if the Ravens score more than 13 points the Vikings lose. I think the Vikings D needs to hold the Ravens under 10 points. If Kyle Boller-plays like Monday Night, the Vikings lose. But Boller, won't. I don't see Brad Johnson throwing Bad interceptions like last week, but I don't see him moving the ball. I think this game might come down to special teams-where Koren Robinson might not be kicked too, I think the Vikings special teams is their undoing again.
I say -
Ravens 13 Vikings 6.
I better comment on the Bears/Packers game also. The Packers aren't as bad as they played last week, it wouldn't shock me to put up a valiant effort versus the Bears. I think Brett Favre plays a solid game, even though he will be mauled by the Chicago D. Chicago on the road ,hasn't been super-impressive. Rex Grossman makes the Bears a better team, but not that much better. I think the Bears probably win, just because they are a better team. But it wouldn't shock me at all to see the Packers win, and the Vikes be playing for a chance to play for the division title, next week.
Bears 17
Packers 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home