Sunday, December 18, 2005

Viking Postgame

Grades

QB- D- He played OK in the first half, I could give him an F but he was under pressure constantly. He made some bad throws in the second half, and some poor decisions in the red zone.

RB- D- Bennett just doesn't hit the holes he needs to hit. They need an upgrade here. Is Mewelde Moore so dinged he shouldn't be in the game? Blocking contrbutes a lot here, but so does poor insticts.
WR-C They did get open at times in the first half, but they weren't getting much for seperation in the second half.
OL- D They battled, but had some penalties that shot the Vikings in the foot, they couldn't create space in the running game, and struggled in the passing game.
DL-B+ The Steelers were able to get their outside running game going . They did apply some nice pressure with 4 sacks. Jerome Bettis couldn't attack over the middle of the field
LB- C The Roethslisberger TD scramble in the second quarter, they need to have someone in position here. The third and twenty completion to Randle-El hurt, this was their worst game in a while.
DB B+ They rarely get beat in the secondary, they held Hines Ward in complete check. The Short-Passing game did some damage though.
ST-F I know they recovered the muff punt, but a blocked field goal, a punt-return that set up a touchdown, and fumbled kick-off-that's 13 points right here, and made the difference in the ball-game.
Game Ball- Kevin Willams had a nice game in the losing effort.
Q: How does this game affect Mike Tice's Job Status?
A: If Tice goes 10-6, I think he stays. If he goes 8-8, I think he's gone, and 9-7 I don't know. I don't think as poorly of him as a coach as I did before, this isn't to say I would be heartbroken if he left. I would like to see Ted Cotrell stick around as D-Coordinator.
Q: Who would be the top candidates for the Vikings Job
A: I think Zygii would spend some money. I wouldn't rule out Giants D coordinator Tim Lewis, or Kirk Ferentz of Iowa. It's hard to speculate right now.
I think the Vikings would have a hard-time justifying bringing some in from a worse team than themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home