Saturday, November 26, 2005

Vikings/Browns

I said 17-10 on Wed. Night so here is fuller reason, why I am picking the Vikings. Although I have picked against them the last three weeks, and they won everytime.

*I don't like the Browns O-Line matchup with the Vikings D-Line especially inside, this is where Rueben Droughns can run, but against the Williams boy's he won't. I see Droughns carrying about 20 times for about 70 yards, no real damage. Jeff Faine doesn't have the strength to match-up with Pat Williams, and Mike Pucillo and Cosey Coleman can be had, especially with Pucillo making his first start.

*The Vikings have been able to generate pressure, especially at home, Cleveland doesn't have great edge blocking. So I do like the Vikings ablity to stop the Browns tommorrow. I like Erasmus James, Lance Johnstone, and Darrion Scott versus Ryan Tucker and LJ Shelton. Trent Dilfer has been so medicore, a few series of Charlie Frye are going to be coming tommorrow. The Vikings can hopefully force a few turnovers.

*The Browns wouldn't generate a ton of pressure, but do defend the pass alright with thier back 7. I think the Vikings could get a spark in the running game, opening things up enough for some Brad Johnson passes. I think the spark that Marcus Johnson and Anthony Herrea gave the O-Line last week carries over, and they run the ball effectively enough to outscore Cleveland. It sounds like Nate Burleson is as healthy as he's been in a while, and it should help to have Koren Robinson starting. When the Browns are starting Brian Russell, Chris Crocker, Daylon McCutcheon, and Leigh Bodden in the secondary they can be had, combined with an inconsistent pass-rush.

*For the Browns to win:

* I see the Vikings having to turn the ball-over. If the Vikings can make Cleveland drive the field, Cleveland's offense wouldn't explode. I do fear a Romeo Crennel game plan, but the Browns did lose to Houston, Balitmore, and Detroit already this year.

For the Vikings to win:

*If they win the game at the Line of Scrimmage, they will be over .500 by 3:15 tommorrow afternoon. The fans being stocked for the first time since last Christmas eve will help too.

*It wouldn't shock me if the Vikings lose, but I think they'll pull it out. By the way, I think Chicago will lose tommorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home