Wednesday, November 23, 2005

For Some Reason

My Post-Game post from Monday Night doesn't show up. My Post Games grades were as following

QB- B
RB- A-
WR- C+
OL- B+-Huge Props to Herrea, Goldberg, and McKinnie. Marcus Johnson seems to be the RT as of now.
DL- B+- Props to Erasmus James, and Big Pat. But big plays by Kevin Williams, Darrion Scott, Lance Johnstone, and CJ Moseley
LB- B
DB- A- Winfield is a stud, except for that terrible play in the second. Devonte Edwards broke-up a pass forcing the Packers to kick the tieing Field Goal.
ST- B
Coaching- B

I gave the game ball to Devonte Edwards, followed by Mewelde Moore.
Will the Vikings make the Playoffs?
I have to admit this question would have sounded stupid as little as two weeks ago. But the Vikings have morphed into an above-average D, their O-line is still so sketchy I still have big concerns about their offense. Basically every week is going to be a battle with that offense.
The Bears still need to go to TB, PIT, and MN- so a 10-6 finish for the Bears the Vikings would need. The Packers would need to beat the Bears (Once), and the Vikings would have to beat the Lions for the Vikings to have the tiebreaker. It's possible Atl, or GB could beat the Bears.
The Vikings I think need to get to 10-6 that seems like a stretch. I just don't know if their offense is good enough to win 8 out of the last 9. Though the quarterbacks the Vikings are going to face the last five weeks include: Kyle Boller, Kyle Orton, Joey Harrington/Jeff Garcia, Jamie Martin, and Trent Dilfer. Not exactly a murder's row there. You can never leave out the possiblity that Big Ben will be banged up for the Steelers on Dec.18. If the Vikings do get to 10-6 the Vikings will need to keep Mike Tice. But here's how I see these games breaking down.
CLEV- They will win some how, as they slow Droughns down enough to win. Vikings 17-10
Det-I always feel the Vikings are due to lose vs Detroit- I think the Vikings lose here- Detroit 20-16
STL- An erratic team like the Rams on the road, this will be a shaky game. But I hope the O-line improves enough by this time for a win-Vikings 16-15
PIT- I think the Vikings would win without Big Ben, I think the Vikings could slow down Pittsburgh's run, but the Pittsburgh D does a number on the Vikings- Pittsburgh-13-7
Bal-Not going to be a lot of points scored in this game- I say Balitmore wins it in over 9-6
CHI- Bears will be resting starters- MN 20-7
So this is a prediction of an 8-8 record. I can't pick a better record, till I see consistency from the O-line. If the O-line plays well the Vikings have a chance to get to 10-6. I have the Vikings losing 3 games by a combined 10 points, and winning three games by a combined 18 points. The Schedule is in thier favor. But I need to see a few more games from the O-Line to be confident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home