Saturday, November 05, 2005

Vikings/Lions game

I basically expect a ugly game. Brad Johnson vs Joey Harrington. I do expect a better performance from the Vikings D against an O-line, WR'S, and QB that aren't as good as Carolina's. They will also be helped from a little noise at home, although the way the fans are down, who knows how much they will help. Once Joey Harrington leads the Lions to a few first downs. The fact that Detroit's WR's are banged up will help. Hopefully Fred Smoot can slow down Scottie Vines or a banged-up Roy Williams. Kevin Jones has struggled and the Vikings have improved versus the Run. If the Vikings get the pass-rush going, then the Lions could be held to under 14 points. I expect a ok game vs Brad Johnson in that few turnovers, but few points, I think next week is where the struggles will be obvious-when I will probably pick the Vikings to lose by about 5 touchdowns. I don't expect a great running effort, and the Lions D is athletic at LB so that might make the short passing game tough to go. Nate Burleson I look at as the key to game, if he gets involved for around 80 yards, I like the Vikings chances, but I haven't seen it so far. I think what this comes down to is attitude, and confidence-and I really question whether the Vikings have it.

Pick:

Lions 13
Vikings 12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home