Thursday, September 01, 2005

My NFL Preview-

Here's how I see the NFC North going down first of all.

I said 10-6 for the Vikings earlier, I am going with 9-7 they really lack balance on offense without Matt Birk. They remind me of the Broncos teams of the last few years. Look good on paper, but not good enough to dominate with talent. I think their sub-par coaching costs them a couple games. So for the Vikings 9-7

I should note Nolan Naworcki the PFW draft guy picked the Vikings to beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl, well as incredible of a match-up as that would be. The Vikings without Matt Birk I question if they are going to acheive a balanced enough offense to go with what is probably a middle of the road defense. The Vikings will be like the Vikings teams of the last few years, not like the New England Patriots of the last few years. The Vikings will lose close games at the end, and be outcoached. This is why I see them at 9-7. KFAN.com, I can't remember the guys name said if Mike Tice improves to a comparable coach to Andy Reid or Jim Mora, then the Vikings will go to Super Bowl. Well if Nick Barnett becomes Lawrence Taylor the Packers go the Super Bowl, or Joey Harrington becomes Steve Young the Lions go to the Super Bowl. Hub Arkush of PFW, along with Peter King of cnnsi.com have predicted Super Bowl loses for the Vikings to the Patriots. Mark Schlereth and Sean Salisbury implied that the NFC North wouldn't even be close this year. I though this two after 6 games in 2003 and 2004. I have enough serious questions about their O-Line, and coaching to question their ability to go the Super Bowl. I also haven't seen enough for their Defense to think any better than middle of the pack.

Green Bay has serious problems on Defense, their ability to run the ball is going to be weakened without Wahle and Rivera. They aren't good anywhere on Defense. Word is undrafted rookie Roy Manning might be their best linebacker. Green Bay goes 8-8

Detroit also has a bad O-line, Joey Harrington, and a medicore Defense. Their WR's aren't good enough on their own to carry them. They will improve though to 8-8.

If the Bears had a decent QB they could win the Division, Chris Mortensen is wrong when he says they're going to go 9-7,10-6. Their Defense although solid, isn't good enough to carry them a long way. Bears go 5-11 (But they beat the Vikings in Chicago with whatever journeyman they can round up to play QB).

Philly and Dallas also make the playoffs in the NFC along with Car, Atl is the 5 seed. I don't know who wins the NFC west between Ariz, Stl, and Sea. I think I said STL before so I will go with them know.

Playoffs same as earlier
Dal beats MN-Road
Atl beats STL-Road

Car beats ATL
Phil beats Dal

Phil beats Car. Phil is the best team with or without TO as evidenced last year in the Playoffs. I know SI picked Carolina to win the Super Bowl. I think Carolina has too many question marks at skill positions. Thier linebackers weren't good enough at times last year, and Kris Jenkins conditioning is questionable. So even though I see Julius Peppers as the Defensive MVP, I see Carolina coming up short vs Philly.

AFC playoffs

NYJ, NE, IND, BAL, SD, DEN

Den beats SD-Road
NYJ beat Bal-Road

Ind beats Den
NE beats NYJ

IND beats NE-Indy hosts (I want to note that this was my prediction before the signing of Corey Simon who I consider to be overrated

Phil beats IND Super Bowl-27-24.

Offensive MVP: Ladanian Tomlinson
Defensive MVP: Julius Peppers
Coach of the Year: Andy Reid

Offensive ROY: Cedric Benson
Defensive ROY: Demarcus Ware

Randy Moss stats: 88 catches, 1527 yards, 18 touchdowns
Raiders Record:7-9 (Too tough a division)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home