Thursday, August 25, 2005

Vikings vs Chargers Preview-Matt Birk Thoughts

To loss Matt Birk would be a devasting loss on their Running game, which would be a devasting loss to their offense. It should be noted I don't know how effect he would be with his injury. Should the Vikings guarntee him the Money to play? I don't know what I think. I don't know that you guarntee 4 million dollars to a guy who has missed a season and a half. This will be a devasting loss to the Vikings Offense though.

As far as Friday Night's game. Maybe up to 3 quarters of the Vikings 1st team against a very good Offense. Things I will look for.

1. Fred Smoot and how much his presence improves the Vikings D
2. Troy Williamson with the Vikings 1st team Offense.
3. If the Vikings will finally be able to run the Ball with Mewelde Moore starting
4. Can the Vikings more effectively blitz.
5. What Vikings D will we see, the one with 3 three and outs in the first half, or the atricious unit that gave up 2 touchdowns.
6. Will the O-line keep improving albeit slowly.

Here's what I expect to see

1. The Vikings to actually run the ball more effectively with Mewelde Moore, and I think this will lead to a couple Vikings scores in the first half, I think the Vikings new look d wouldn't overly impress either to the hot Chargers O, I'm thinking something like 14-13 Vikings at the half.

2. Brad Johnson to struggle, and the Vikings Offense to struggle in the second half. But the Vikings D to play well. Rod Davis has to make the team. But in the end I like the Chargers back-ups due to Viking RB injuries, I'll say 23-20 Chargers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home