Monday, October 24, 2005

State of the Vikings

Does this win save Mike Tice's Job?

NO!!!. It should still be pointed out that the Vikings are 2-4, and haven't been close to even competing in a road game, yet. They made their Offense revival versus a Shaky Packer D at home, and thier D played well versus the walking wounded of the Packers Offense. This week, will be more a barometer as to improvement with the Vikings. As I said last week, the Defense is closer. If the Vikings win or even lose a close competive game, then I will start to say they might turn it on. If the Vikings get drilled 35 to 3, what do you say. I would need to see the Vikings finish 9-7, win a playoff, and at least give a tough playoff game in the divisionals. Last year versus Philly wouldn't count. I'm thinking more along the lines of the Jets at the Steelers last year. So the likeihood of this happening is slim.

What will the Vikings record be?

Well, 6-10 from where I'm sitting. I don't see them winning a game on the road, and three of their next 4 are on the Road-CAR, NYG, and GB, I don't know which of these games, you would have any confidence in. Maybe, Green Bay, and Detroit. I think they could win four more home Games-Det, STL, CHI, CLEV. I really don't see them beating the Pittsburgh Steelers, anywhere. Balitmore would be wishy-washy for a Road Win. But the Vikings haven't shown they can compete on the Road.

Concerns?

If Donald Driver can do a number on them like he did, granted several pass completions were due to Brett Favre's accuracy, what is the more explosive Steve Smith going to due to the Vikings. Can thier O-Line hold up against Carolina's more vaunted-Pass Rush. Can their D-LINE bring pressure. I think their Run D has played well the last two weeks, but they were gutted for nearly 300 rushing yards, two weeks ago.

Next Week?

I really have no clue. I could see the Vikings making a game out of it, if they played like in the second half this week. If not, I could see a 41-0 game for Carolina. We shall see. But it will be a key game in evaluating the Vikings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home