Saturday, October 08, 2005

NFL Thoughts

Well no matter what happens to the Vikings this season, my Football Season was made today by the Minnesota Golden Gophers defeating Michigan in the Big House. So the memory of watching the Gophers blow a 10 point 4 quarter lead there last year is avenged. The memory of losing a 21 point fourth quarter lead, and having a Michigan fan fist-pump about an inch from face is avenged. I already have on my desktop at work the Gophers with the Little Brown Jug.
Here are my thoughts for this week.
*I really don't think the Broncos are that good. But if they keep running the ball like they have, they could win the west. Their d-line additions have been pretty good, and Plummer hasn't made mistakes. We will know a lot more when this month they play-WAS, NE, at NYG, PHIL
*Philly and Atlanta look like the best teams in the NFC, but Micheal Vick is an injury waiting to happen, and Donovan McNabb is already kind of banged-up. I am not all that impressed that Tampa has beaten teams that are a combined 3-13, with three of those wins in the last minute, and the other being Quarterbacked by JP Losman. The third best team looks to be the New York Giants. The Redskins are winning games by an average of 2 points. The Seahawks are pretty good, but really no different than last year, but with banged-up receivers. The Rams are atricious on D. Carolina hasn't looked all that good. So the NFC is quite weak, if Mcnabb and Vick aren't healthy
*I really do wonder if New England hasn't sustained losses it can't overcome as they are so much weaker of the middle of the field without Bruschi, and Harrison. I just don't see them winning three in a row, at this time.
*But I still don't see Miami as overcoming New England in the division.
*Boy have I soured on the Chiefs in two weeks. Trent Green is struggling, and thier d is still bad.
* Detroit wins Sunday, but Chicago loses
*My NFC playoffs as of today- PHIL, ATL, SEA, DET, TB, NYG
NYG beats Sea
Det beats TB
Phil beats NYG
ATL beats Det
Phil beats ATL
*My AFC playoffs as of today
-IND, CIN, DEN, NE, PIT, SD
SD beats DEN
NE beats PIT
-IND beats SD
-NE beats CIN
-IND beats NE
Super Bowl- Phil beats IND (I wouldn't change this pick)
Through 4 Weeks
MVP: Dwight Freeney
Rookie of the Year: Cadillac Williams
Coach of the Year: Jon Gruden/Marvin Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home