Tuesday, March 29, 2005

QB and RB

Well with Daunte Culpepper and Brad Johnson both in the fold for the next several years-the Vikings would have very little intrest in taking a QB to start or back-up. A development type that could become a back-up in the long-term or a third-stringer now could be looked at in the 6th or 7th rounds. Shaun Hill is a winner having led Maryland to an ACC title, and is an accurate enough thrower on short-intermediate passing game. His big weakness is arm strength, and that is what is hindering his development. Someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick of Harvard, who is similar to Hill with more arm stregth could be of appeal at this point in the draft.

Running Back- I think all of the top three could be of intrest, if they are clearly the best player avalible when picked. I don't hold the fact that Cedric Benson is really not much of a third-down back against him, since Mewelde Moore I think would be one of the better third-down backs in the leauge, leading to an awesome one-two punch. I really see little need to draft a back other than one of the top three. Since the Vikings seem to be loaded with the type of backs they could get later in the draft. I known Mike Tice is a fan of Marion Barber III, who offers a good combination of vision, speed, and elusiveness. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a flyer on Maurice Clarett I think he starts quicker than he runs the 40, that would explain his college success inspite of his 40 times, much like Cedric Benson, if he is there in the 5th round, I think about taking him. I don't see a great need for a fullback with the amount of two-tight end sets the Vikings want to play. I also combine this with Moe Williams and Mewelde Moore's pass blocking ability.

Coming Next: The debate between Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards. If someone wants to post an argument for Mike Williams go ahead, since I will be arguing a preference for Edwards, and that would make the bit more intresting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home