Wednesday, September 14, 2005

More Viking Thoughts

1. It should be noted about Randy Moss, I gave the trade a D- when it first came out, and I also said the Herschel Walker trade was better at the time. Moss made Todd Bouman look good. I said the Vikings offense would go from potentially awesome to medicore. I also warned against over-evaluating Culpepper based on pre-season play. I didn't expect anything as terrible as Sunday's performance, but still.

2.The big problem was terrible O-line play. This isn't to say Nate Burleson ran some bad routes, that he wouldn't run again. Burleson lead to two turnovers with bad routes run, and had a block in the back call back a touchdown. Burleson is capable as a number 1 receiver, he just had a terrible game.

Other assorted week one thoughts since I am tired of talking about the Vikings.

1. The Cheifs look like a legitmate Super Bowl contender. I am not sold on their D-Line. But their O-Line is awesome. I don't know that they will lose more than a game at Arrowhead. They are looking like at 11 win team to me.

2. The Colts and The Patriots are still very good teams. Indy's D granted it was against Balitmore looked like it wouldn't be a detriment to the Offense. New England just when their LB's start to go downhill, people notice they have the best D-line in Football.

3. Ed Donatell will be a NFL Head Coach in 2006, maybe of the Minnesota Vikings. The Falcons Def.Coordinator who somehow got fired by the Packers, is a great defensive strategist. The Falcons are better than I thought, though not as good as the Cheifs, Colts, or Patriots. I wouldnt say they are better than the Eagles.

4. Scott Linehan also could be a NFL head coach next year. Linehan was a great playcaller for the Vikings, he would just get kind of goofy at times (i.e. Randy Moss pass vs Seattle). Should the Vikings have let go of Tice and kept Linehan as they was some thought too after last year? Yes.

5. Jake Plummer is wildly inconsistent, no one has doubted this. A big game this weekend in Mile High versus San Diego, whoever loses is behind the 8-ball.

6. Without Javon Walker, Green Bay is in big trouble. I expect Green Bay to go 7-9.

7. People are way too excited about Joey Harrington. He put up 17 points against a horrible Packers Defense at home. This is nothing to write home about.

8. I still think the Vikings will win the NFC North, it just might be at 8-8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home