Thursday, March 03, 2005

New Trade Rumor

Today's Miami Herald said that the Vikings have contacted the Dolphins about DB Patrick Surtain. What did the Dolphins want in return according to kfan.com RB Onterrio Smith. More information on this as it comes avaible. In other news ESPN.com is reporting that Plaxico Burress is openly trying to sell himself to the Vikings. I wonder about this move. Due to the cost which would be quite a bit upfront. I also wonder about his reputation for not being team first. I also wonder why you wouldn't want to look for a receiver with either with one of the First round Draft picks, instead. My other thoughts are that I don't see a linebacker on the market, that they wouldn't have to overpay to get. I would start looking at cornerback, and safety instead with players like Samari Rolle, Ty Law, Andre Dyson, Fred Smoot, Kenoy Kennedy, Dwight Smith, and Gary Baxter still out there. Then I would try to sign a reclaimation project at receiver in either Travis Taylor, or David Terrell. I would also make a run at Jay Feely, soon. You strurture these contracts right and spend around 15 million at corner/safety this year. Then about 3 at Kicker/Wide Receiver. This is done by giving players roster bonuses, to give cap flexibility in the future. Then you get ready for the draft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home